Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Everyone Has a Story, What's Yours?

Everyone has a story. Most people have more than one. I know I do. There are many things throughout my life that have affected who I am. 

Heartbreak. Moves. Jobs. Schools. Friendships. Family relationships. Marriage. Parenting. Job loss. Achieved dreams. Disappointments.

Each one of these things has had an impact on my life. Many of them have taught me great lessons about life and God.

Most recently, I find He's using the delay of seeing a dream come to fruition to help me walk out things I already know.

Can I be content where I am? Yes, if I'm willing to seek God, His presence, and His grace, while praising Him in the moment.

Can I remain faithful to His calling when things aren't going the way I want them to? Yes, if I get on my knees to seek His strength, guidance, and give up my fleshly desires.

Can I reach goals that at the moment seem unattainable? Yes, if it's what He's called me to and I learn to lean on and rely on Him instead of myself.

Can I be more like Him next week, next month, next year? Yes, if I'm willing to surrender every moment and every breath for the works He's pre-planned for me to do.

This is how God's growing me to be more like Him and bring Him more glory, as a wife, as a mom, as a friend.

I haven't given many details here (but you can find more at www.surrenderedliving.blogspot.com), because the details don't always matter.

That we can relate to each other's lives, stories, and struggles is important. However, I'd love to hear your story, details and all. How is God transforming you?

Email me at tracy_wainwright@yahoo.com if you're interested in sharing your story on my blog. I'd love to read and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment