Sunday, August 1, 2010

Everything for Moms

I have been blessed to learn a great deal about motherhood from experience, other wise moms, reading, and Bible Study. I believe that all these components are helpful in becoming the best mom I can be, but the most important is getting closer to God and walking in the path He has designed for me. As I learn more about His nature, who He desires me to be, and become obedient to Him, the better mom I become. This blog is about looking at motherhood with the lens of scripture and the focus on growing in our relationships with God. I desire to be a good and godly mother, but through 7 1/2 years of birthing and parenting 4 children I have learned the truth of Romans 7:18 - "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out." Only through the grace of God can I be the mother my children need me to be. This blog will help keep me focused on Him and share that journey with other mothers who have the same heart's desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment