Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sing a New Song, Old Song, Any Song

Sing to him; yes, sing his praises. Psalm 105:2a

I love praise music! It can turn my mood around and get me moving around the house like nothing else. Last year, after being resistant to move from my radio and CD player, I received and ipod for my birthday. I never could have imagined how much I would rely on it. But, I’ve put dozens of praise and worship songs on it, it has become a lifeline. Even washing dishes and dusting can become joyful activities when you’re praising the Lord.

As an added bonus to getting to praise God and shift my not-always-great attitude, my children are learning to praise God as a normal part of life.

The wealth of music available today to praise God is truly unlimited. And access is also. I can listen to Klove online, buy CD’s and download songs from the computer. As I go through my daily chores and do the same thing day after day, being able to connect to God through music helps me keep my focus on Him and remember that everything I do (including changing diapers, scrubbing toilets, and taking out the trash) are part of the job God’s called me to do. And since He’s called me to be a wife, mother, and homemaker, I’m to do it as if I were doing it for Him, and not for anyone else.

So, regardless of what’s going on – what losses you face, what disappointments you’ve experienced, what discouragement you feel, what distractions life throws your way – make time to sing God’s praises and open yourself to what work He wants to do in you through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment