Monday, June 4, 2018

New Series! Let's Dig into Revelation

Hello! After a long hiatus. I do hope to pick back up on the "How to Love Your Neighbor" series I ran last summer. Building a house, including great amounts of painting, learning to lay tile and hardwood floors, and moving kept me occupied for the last eight months. For now, however, I'm going to run a prayer devotional series based on Revelation. I hope it's a blessing to you and helps you grow in your relationship with the Lord.



Introduction
I’m one of those people who has read parts of Revelation on occasion, not really understanding a lot of it. I even once read through the entirety of the Bible in thirty days…until I got to the last book, and fizzled out. However, I’ve recently been listening to a teaching series on Revelation which has opened up this section of scripture in a whole new way.

The first focus from this teaching series was to examine what Jesus says about Himself in Revelation. As I began going through verse by verse looking at how the Lord reveals Himself I was amazingly blessed.

As we go through the next twelve weeks, seeking what direction God has for our faith family, we will be using God’s revelation through the first few chapters of this specific book to focus on two things:


 (1)  Who God is

 (2) How God is calling us to live

Each week will have a scripture focus, a devotional commentary giving thoughts on application, and a prayer. There will also be a daily question we can ask and pray over as we reread the focal scripture each day. I pray you will be overwhelmed by God’s presence, mercy, grace, and love and be drawn closer to Him than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment